Monday, August 12, 2013

"I Don't Understand" ..........

Tonight, after CIMS class, David and I went with 2 other couples to get a bite to eat. Our waitress came over, and she wasn't her usual happy self. We asked her what was wrong and she began to share with us what she was going through at home, which was very sad. One of the ladies in our group asked her if she was a Christian? The waitress asked what that meant? My friend said, "Have you ever asked... Jesus into your life?" She said, I don't know what that means." I sat there amazed because I was raised up in a minister's home and was taught about the Lord all my life. We began to share with her about how Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and how much He loves us and wants to live in our hearts. My friend told her about the plan of salvation. When she asked her if she would like for Jesus to come into her heart and life, she said yes. Then we told her we would pray for her and she looked at us and said, " I don't know how to do that. I've never prayed before." We prayed the sinner's prayer with her and she received Jesus into her heart!
I sat there, just going over in my mind what it must be like to have never known the plan of salvation, never known how to pray, never been to church in my life.....I can't imagine..... My heart went out to her. She is a beautiful young girl, with a lot of turmoil in her life, and she didn't know how Jesus could help her. There are so many people out there that have no ideal what Jesus is all about! Sometimes as Christians, we take for granted that people know, they just don't want it. But this isn't true as I seen tonight. We need to seek God and ask Him to lead us to people that need to hear about Him so we can be a witness to them. I don't ever want to miss an opportunity to tell someone about the Lord. Even as I type this, I can still see her face as she said, " I don't know how to do that....I've never prayed" ......God help us to be a light to the world..... "The harvest is plenty but the labors are few"

No comments:

Post a Comment