Sunday, October 18, 2015

As I sit here tonight thinking about everything that has happened in the past 4 weeks in our lives, I can honestly say this is one road we haven't traveled before. We can seek God's will all we want and tell God we are willing for his will to be done in our lives, AND actually convince ourselves that we mean it.. but until we are stripped down to where God can receive from us COMPLETE surrender then we haven't quite reached that point that we can say we truly are yielded to h...is will for our lives.
Tonight, I finally understood that. Tonight, I finally see the place I have to come to with God. It's hard to get to that point but complete total surrender is what it takes. It's true, no matter how much it seems like the fire we are going through is going to completely destroy us......we have to embrace the fire and know that when God's work is done in us, he will fashion and form us and mold us to be what he wants us to be....then we will eventually see how God was working his plan in our lives. Tonight I had to come to that point.
I don't know what God's plan is for mine and David's life but I do know his plans for us are good and far beyond what either one of us can see. And I know that David and I love the Lord with all our hearts and we want to be used of him. Those of you that know us, know that we love God with everything in us and our desire is to be used of him. But we have learned a lot these past few weeks that only the Lord knows about. Sometimes God has to show us things in ways that we do not understand, and it seems so hard to accept....but God will never leave us, however he will allow things in our lives to mold us and shape us for he is the Potter and we are the clay...... and no matter what things look like, he sees the bigger picture and he knows the direction he is taking us.
Jer. 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you. Plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.
You have my total attention God.........

No comments:

Post a Comment