Thursday, March 15, 2012

Are you?


Last night, as I was reading in the Bible, God allowed me to open to a scripture that touched my heart and I wanted to share it with you. I was feeling a little on edge last night, so many things have happened the past 2 weeks, and it seemed as if everything had just piled up on me last night, so the enemy was trying to throw things at me. As I picked up the Bible and opened it. God brought a scripture to me in Psalms 145:8 and it reads, "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love". As I read this I began thinking about it and I realized that I wanted to be like that. I want to be compassionate to people. I want to evaluate their circumstances and try to understand what they might be going through and have compassion for them. I also want to be ...slow to anger... It's so easy to allow the enemy at times, to cause us to get angry with people about something that maybe doesn't go quite right, or if they say things to hurt our feelings or cause us to feel pain, then sometimes it makes us feel that anger. But we need to strive to be slow to anger. Then last but most importantly, be RICH in love.... Rich means having an abundant supply...so this is saying God has an abundant supply of love! And that's the way we should strive to be! Having an abundance of love, and that's hard to have sometimes when people hurt you or tear you down. But Jesus had that kind of love, when he gave his life for us. But we're not God, and we're not perfect, but we need to strive to love as much as possible, and not only say we do, but truely feel that love! Are you slow to anger and rich in love? Maybe it's something you have to work on...I know I need to.... God bless .... ~Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment