Monday, July 8, 2013

"Invisible Scars"

Husband and wife are sitting on the couch. Suddenly, the husband decides he wants them to go to the store or out to eat. The wife says, " Can I change clothes, or put on a little makeup first?" The husband says, "No! Besides, no one is going to look at you anyway." .... Slash to the heart.......

Wife is trying to eat healthy so she tries to change her way of eating. When it's time to go to the grocery store, the husband starts picking out what he wants to eat, and the wife is willing to fix it for him. But when she tries to get some things that she needs for her healthy eating, the husband says, "I'm not buying that! Besides, no one cares if you're fat. I know I don't." ...Slash to the heart........

Husband and wife are arguing, which seems to be an every day thing.... The wife says she's tired of him treating her that way, so she's going to leave. The husband says, "Do you realize I can have you killed and no one would ever be able to trace it back to me?" ...Slash -now fear has been applied....

Wife decides she can't take it anymore, so she's getting out, even if it means her life. The husband says, " You try and leave me and I will go after your family! I have ways that I can destroy them!" ...Slash- now fear for her family.......the abuse continues.....

Wife finds out the husband tells someone that he thought about putting rat poision in her food. .....Slash- fear again for her life......

The name calling, the cut downs, being yelled at, degraded, threats, being laughed at, being made fun of, lies, and the list goes on...... invisible scars.

Physical abuse is a horrible thing and the scars that it can visibly leave are terrible and sometimes fatal. The pain that a person experiences during being hit on is also horrible.

But there's another kind of abuse that people don't think about much.....and that is mental/verbal abuse. This kind of pain leaves invisible scars. Scars that you can carry around for a very long time, some carry it around for a lifetime. No one deserves to be treated like they aren't worth anything. Mental and verbal abuse can be and usually is just as devastating as physical abuse! The only difference is .... you can't see the scars on the outside, so no one knows. Everything may look great on the outside, but behind closed doors - it can be a mess. Sometimes, if you look close enough, you can see the pain in someone's eyes.

We live in a hurting world. A world that needs Jesus. I am thankful and blessed to have a wonderful, God fearing husband like David, who loves me with his whole heart and would never harm me in any way! I know I can trust him! But not everyone has someone like that.

If you are out there, and you are being abused physically or mentally/verbally; please love yourself enough to get help. Get away from it! God loves you so much and His plans for you is not to be abused by someone that supposedly loves you. Years ago, I asked someone who was in my life at the time, this question: "Who are you? You are not the same person you were when I met you." His reply was, " I had to act that way to get you, but I don't have to act that way anymore to keep you!" ...... WRONG.........

Whoever you are, if you're hurting, if you have physical scars or the invisible scars, ask God to help you. If you haven't given your life to Him, ask Him to come into your heart, then ask Him to help you get out of the situation you are in and He will help you. He truly loves you! If you can't get out of the situation you are in by yourself, then ask God to send someone your way that can help you get out of your abusive situation. But please love yourself enough to get away from it!

......Physical or Mental/Verbal abuse ...... Either one or both can leave scars that last a lifetime...

God bless ...... Renee'

No comments:

Post a Comment