Monday, September 26, 2011

What a Smile Can Produce

Say cheeseeeeeeeeeeee!!!  Is that what you think of when someone mentions smiling? Smiling for a picture, smiling for the camera, that plastered on smile.... But what can a true, sincere, genuine, heartfelt, coming from the heart produce?  Well, there are so many things!
Let's see, first of all, to me, I feel much better if I'm smiling!  It actually brightens my day!  When you go to visit someone in the hospital, you don't want to walk in and have a sad look on your face, or a frown.....this would only make them feel worse.  Instead, if you walk in with a beautiful smile on your face, ready to encourage that person, you can actually help them to feel better! And that's what we should do if we go to the hospital to see someone. Encourage them, let them know you're praying for them, and give them hope that they will soon feel better!
Another way a smile can help.....when you are walking down the street...how many sad faces do you see every day...have you ever really noticed? People are so caught up in the every day things that " have to be done" , that they have no time to smile. But if you meet someone walking down the street, or even sitting in your car, if YOU smile at them, you very possibly could lift their spirits, make them feel better, show that you have some happiness! Pass that happy feeling along.
There's nothing better to me, than to see someone smile!  It makes me feel good to know someone else has some joy in their hearts!  Now you may say, "I'm not always in the mood to smile!"  Why? How hard is it to smile? Have we gotten to the point that we're too busy for that? 
Now get me wrong...do I walk around with a smile on my face all the time? Nope...didn't say I did. However, when I get to feeling down about something, if I can catch myself doing that, then I try to begin to think about a happier time, and it brings a smile to my face, and suddenly things don't seem so bad!
Let's encourage each other, support each other, and it won't cost you a dime to give a smile to the people you meet along the way. Some may not smile back, but a lot of them will. I just about guarantee it! And even if they don't respond, you never know who's watching that just might need that smile you were giving to someone else!  Come on....you can do it.....SMILE....but mean it from your heart.  It always means more that way!  Have a great day everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment