Monday, November 21, 2011

The Father's Vineyard

"Jesus is the true Vine, we are the branches and our heavenly Father is the Owner and the Gardener. That means, of course, that God is in charge. He can do what He pleases in the vineyard.  We, who are merely branches, or even we who labor in His vineyard, have no right to question His decisions.  Regrettably, there are times when I spend the bulk of my prayer life, trying to counsel God  to resolve my situation in the way I imagine is best. Foolishly, I forget that this is my Father's vineyard. He knows what He is doing, and He has a right to do what He wants. Lest that sound harsh or frightening, remember that God is more than just the One in charge. He is also the Husbandman  who cares tenderly for His vineyard. He is the God of loving compassion who's mercies never fail."
(Page 14 from the book "In My Father's Vineyard" written by: Wayne Jacobson)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is one of my favorite books, for in reading this book (and I've read it through several times), there is so much teaching in it! I am a branch in God's vineyard.....I have been grafted in and God tenderly cares for me! Wow!  If you have not read this book, I wish you would get it and read it. It's well worth your  time! I love being in my Father's vineyard, and I love the way God takes care of me, prunes me, and loves me! I will, along the way, post more inserts from this book. My husband and I have a page on Facebook titled "Revival of the Heart Ministry". We would love for you to look us up! God has a plan for all of us I believe! God has called my husband, David, into the ministry to preach, and as we began this new path, God will grow us, and care for us, but we can never lose sight of the fact that we belong to Him and are to do His will.....not ours! God bless all of you....and don't forget....keep smiling!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment