Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Parents 60th Anniversary

Sitting here tonight in my living room, and thinking about tomorrow. Yes....tomorrow...Nov. 3rd.  Why tomorrow?  Because if my sweet mother was still with us, tomorrow, her and my dad would have been married 60 years. Wow! 60 years!  That's a lot of years together!  But my precious mother went to be with the Lord last year, on Dec. 6th.  She and my daddy had such a beautiful and awesome marriage!  They did everything together.  Now I've heard couples in the past, that have made the comment, "I don't want to be with my husband/wife  all the time. I need a break every once in a while!"  But my parents never felt that way, and my daddy will tell you the same thing today!  They just truely loved being together!  They worked together most of the time. There were times, when  they worked in different places, but most of the time they worked together. They also worked together in the ministry.  What a team! They never pastored a church at any time, that they were ever asked to leave. In fact, every church they had ever pastored, they were always asked to come back.  They prayed together, ministered together.....yes, no doubt about it, they were made for each other.  Daddy preached, and mother played the piano and they sang until I was old enough to start playing the piano, then we all sang. :)  But no matter what...they were there for each other.
As the years went by, mother had a lot of health problems, and she reached a point that she couldn't do as much anymore.  So little by little, my daddy was taking care of her. She did all she could, but she wasn't able to do a lot.  But my daddy didn't mind taking care of her. They loved each other so much! Daddy would cook, and I'm here to tell you, that man knew how to take care of my mother! He knew everything she needed to eat, every medicine she needed, they just about could read each other's minds!  When mother reached a point that she couldn't get around without help, my daddy was there for her. Oh, it hurt him to see her suffering, but he never complained, and never even blinked an eye when it come to caring for mother. And she would have done the same for him had the circumstances been the other way around. Sometimes people would tell daddy, "I'll come over and stay with Sis. Blancett so you can get out of the house for a while. I know you just probably need to get away."  Now they were trying to be helpful, but daddy has told me,  many times, that he had no desire to get away.....he was happier when he was with her, and she felt the same way.
Mother and Daddy had a strong love for each other!  What a witness their lives have been to so many people! I think about their marriage so much. In fact, I told daddy yesterday that I wish me and David could be married for 60 years, but unfortunatly, David and I got together later in our lives so it's like daddy said.....if me and David lasted for 60 years we would be one more old couple!  LOL     But I am so proud of my parents! Mine and David's love reminds me a lot of mother and daddy's.  Now I'm not claiming to be just like them, but I do know I love my husband with all my heart, and we do enjoy being together, and we love our life!  I'm thankful to have had such a good example to try and follow in my parents!
So, tomorrow is going to be a sad day for daddy, in fact, this whole week has been sad for him.  He will always love her with all his heart!  She was and still is....his one true love....and he was hers!  I love and miss my mother so much, but my hurt can't even touch the surface of what my daddy feels. So I pray God wraps His loving arms around daddy and comforts him....
Happy 60th Anniversary Daddy ......and Mother.......you both are truely a perfect example of what true love is....      I love you both!!   ~Renee'

No comments:

Post a Comment